Law school graduate Houston area seeks employment

abpjd3

< 25 Posts
I have come to this board seeking help from the great nation of Horns out there. I recently graduated from the University of Tulsa College of Law, and graduated from UT in 2004. I just took the bar exam in July and am now looking for employment, preferably in the legal world. For the past two weeks I've searched Craigslist, called the connections I have, only to no avail. Craigslist has brought few bites and driving around to employers would likely be futile and expensive. I can't truly understand why employers won't even contact me about legal assistant positions (much less associate positions). I understand that I may be overqualified for those positions but I am diligent worker and none of my plans for the future are set in stone as of now.

Does anyone know of any openings or know someone to get in contact with concerncing any openings with their employer here in Houston? I realize there is a similar yet different thread about an entry-level position in the Austin area. However, I am in Houston and have come to realize that most law firms will not hire prior to receiving bar results unless that person went to a top tier law school or has excellent grades (neither of which I can claim). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and hook 'em.
hookem.gif

Well, since no one has replied yet I figured I'd include an important point - I'm more than willing to relocate anywhere in Texas for an associate position if the situation is right. Someone please help me out here. Thanks.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back