Kirby shoves MSU QB…. Thoughts?

LHABSOB

1,000+ Posts
Apologies if this posted elsewhere, I didn’t see it. What is everyone’s take on this? There are some non Longhorn fans thinking Kirby should be suspended. I’d be pissed if Venebles did this to Quinn.

Looks to me like Kirby was moving toward a UGA coach to yell at him and the MSU player happened to be in the way. MSU player didn’t seem to have taken offense.

Second and short, roll QB toward UGa bench and throw a high hard one (think Benny Pace/Jon Aune/Rick McIvor high hard one right at Kirby's forehead. Message sent - cut the ****

I feel that Smart has been a hothead in the past and this caught up to him.
Yes! He should have at least been flagged.
He was doing his normal out of control temper tantrum and pushed the QB.
Zero excuses.
Zero.

What SN said. I've only seen a couple in my following of Longhorn and college football. Hayes was the worst. Pelini in Memorial Stadium was so bad that Frank Solich did not talk to him at halftime or any time in the second half or after the game.

You do not have to, but I lump Venables actions his first year on the Sooner sideline in that grouping. While still outrageously obnoxious, Bob read him the riot act. I really thought Stoops would fire him over that incident, but he survived.

With his hot-headed nature, I'm not sure that he knew whom or from where he was pushing. That's no excuse; I'm still for a "high hard one" at his head.

But what was he upset about? If it was deliberately aimed at MSU qb why? Nothing the qb or the team could do at that point. I'd like to see if there was a missed call of some kind.
Does Smart have a history of charging at others?

There has to be a message sent for this out-of -control behavior, a coach shoving a player,unprovoked, from the opposing team, the head coach no less. There should be some of kind of penalty.

I don’t think that was intentional, as far as premeditated. More along the lines of “I have 7 seconds to do 5 things between plays, and in these 7 seconds I am the most important person in the world, and—who’s in my way? Get out of my way!—now where was I?…”

I don’t think that was intentional, as far as premeditated. More along the lines of “I have 7 seconds to do 5 things between plays, and in these 7 seconds I am the most important person in the world, and—who’s in my way? Get out of my way!—now where was I?…”
I don't think his intention is relevant. Drunk Drivers who run over a pedestrian or drive into the wrong lane and run head on into a car don't intend to do it. And that doesn't keep them from paying a price for their ACTIONS. Smart must pay a price for inexcusable side line behavior.

He is a grown man, not a child. He is responsible for what he does; no one is a mind reader that knows what he intends or not.

I don't think his intention is relevant. Drunk Drivers who run over a pedestrian or drive into the wrong lane and run head on into a car don't intend to do it. And that doesn't keep them from paying a price for their ACTIONS. Smart must pay a price for inexcusable side line behavior.

He is a grown man, not a child. He is responsible for what he does; no one is a mind reader that knows what he intends or not.
Yes, this is what I was trying to say.
Cary you consistently write my thoughts in a more professional manner.

Ive done really dumb things that
I have no excuse for. I learned a long time ago, the matter is less embarrassing if I take 100% ownership. (Also… finally hit me that booze was a common denominator 😬)
The apology Kirby gave at his presser was just a man taking no accountability for his actions.
‘Didn’t realize i RAN into him”
Okay, pal.

I know this vid is above, but put Quinn in this place and any.. no big deal.. comments would be scorched. This coach watched it after it was brought to his attention and had the balls to say ‘didn’t realize i ran in to’

Last edited:
Yep. That's what I would say, too.

This will be a great defense for anyone who does something wrong.
honestly, it's what i thought when i saw it. he's bee lining and the person he's pushing was irrelevant. doesn't make it awesome, but don't think he knew who he was pushing really.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back