Katz's makes a komeback

Vino Bevo

Wine - how classy people get drunk
Just read in the Statesman Marc Katz's son, Barry, has purchased the space on 6th where the original Katz's Deli sat and is re-opening soon. For those of us who remember late night stops after a rough night, this will be a nice trip down memory lane.

When I first moved to Austin in late 1984 I got a job at the new Trudy’s on South Lamar, near Barton Springs Blvd. One of the first places my work mates took me to was Katz's on 6th and I loved it. I had no experience with a deli like that and there was so much new good food to try. I hope the new opening does well.

From what I remember on a Friday and Saturday at 1am that place was slow as molasses in Ann Arbor in January. I believe I went twice in the early 90's and decided that pre-planning drunken eating is vital. Nothing quite like being drunk, no alcohol available and everyone around you eating while you wait for an hour plus just to get a table. Then while at the table you still have to wait another 30-45 minutes to get your food. All the while no one can rationally think through the mistake of waiting this out.

Last edited:
Jack in the Box tacos, the ultimate cure when you have been "over served", which is the only time those are tolerable

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back