Justin Mason

DirtyFranke

25+ Posts
Does anyone else find themselves rooting like hell for Mason in every game? This sounds stupid but I almost teared up when he took Bruce's dumb *** to the hole and laid it in. The guy has had such a tough time this year on offense and still can't find any kind of an outside shot but you can see it coming back. He's getting points in other ways and he sure does d the **** up on whoever he's guarding.

If he can find his shot again we are going to be a tough team to beat. I just love the guy and am so happy to see him contributing again. Great game today!

hookem.gif

yes, definitely.

much maligned but scrappy.

Like his game a ton.

Would love to see more of him at the 2, James at the 3, Johnson at the 4 and Atchley/Pittman at the 5.

Run more fast break, if Abrams could spell Augusitne at point and not make him run for 35 minutes, come off the bench and be a "situation assassin" behind the arc.

We'll get there.

It might be late February, but we will get there.

I certainly agree on the bigger line up. I wish we'd start DJ, Mason, James, Ach, and Pittman with AJ off the bench. That's a sturdy line up that won't get pushed around and has post presence.

I love Mason driving to the basket. He's a great slasher.

You can't help but root for the guy with all the effort he puts forth. He did a great job of handling the rock and spelling D.J. at spots today. Seems like he is getting a little bit of his mojo back.

it was the loose ball he dove for and called the TO that was even better than the early drive to the hoop. you could tell he was pumped. he is steadily finding more ways than just his D to contribute, thus earning his time back on the floor.

he is always tipping balls to other horns off the boards.

i love the kid. he seems humble, hard working. you can tell barnes really likes the kid since he keeps playing him. esp since his J has been awful. of course, it isn't like we have options at guard.

Mason is awesome and I cannot wait until he gets his shot back. He was handling the ball and driving great today and playing his usual great D. He is a winner and a real team guy.

By his senior season, he's gonna be "that guy" opposing fans dread. They'll swear he's been there forever, too. Kinda like Ryan Minor for OU or Drew Neitzel for Michigan State.

There is an old saying, goes something like 'offense gets the glory, but defense wins the game.' Mason's play to mee looks like the difference between getting our asses handed to us by aggie and getting the win against Bayor. Not that he didn't play against aggie or anyhing, but if the team took his mentality and effort from tonight and emulated it in every other game this season, we could seriously dominate.

Nicely done.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back