I still do not understand why Aggie is leaving...

Boomer Sooner

25+ Posts
As a OU fan (I am 41), I did not know a whole lot about Aggie before the Big 12 formation. My first insight was back in 1999 when I was in College Station looking at their facilities. Looked nice. However, I was a little surprised see a school with so much spirit had so little hardware. Figured they had won a couple of NCs and a ton a SW conference championships along the way since WW 2. Not the case. At the time they were kicking our tail so I had them on a higher pedestal than earned.

Now to the point. Why are they really leaving?

So they are leaving because of your alls network deal. As in money. I just do not buy this. Here is why. I would think that they would be very well positioned to put their own deal together in that they are right next to a huge media market. Even if they do not get as big of a deal, would not it be more $ along with what they would get from the Big 12 than what they are going to get in the SEC.

Too much recruiting power because of the network? Have they not been paying attention, but you all have been getting pretty much who you all want and it does not guarantee dominance. You all are not going to be getting any stronger in recruiting because how the hell can you get any better.

Just do not understand.

Look the world is a changing. Why should big time football programs share evenly their resources after all the $ they invest to get there. Why should OUs football program have to share evenly with Iowa State when they do nothing to invest in their program. I do not see Harvard Law school passing all their endowment $ to lesser law schools. O well. They just seem to be throwing a fit.

Everything Hornius Emeritus said. I also think because of the prestige of the SEC as a football conference they probably think being the sole Texas representative of the SEC is going to make them an elite program. However I honestly don't think it matters which conference you're in if you always suck. For example I have a high opinion of the SEC, however when I hear Vanderbilt or MSU I don't think football power. Just because they are in the SEC doesn't improve my image of them. I just think of them as below average football programs. Aggie is going to fall even more into that abyss because from top to bottom the SEC is better than the Big XII which equals more losses every season.

A&M is leaving because ohmigosh people are paying attention to them.

Like a butterface being lead by the collar to a pig party, A&M is just happy that people are talking about them for once, regardless of the ***-whooping in store for them. They're the sort of folk who would lick a frozen pole a second time just because of the crowd that gathered the first time.

Trying to understand just about anything that Aggy does is an exercise in futility. Life is too short to waste time contemplating such things.

simply put, this is a you are not the boss of me syndrome...the lhn is a simple target for them...

they were into the unequal revenue sharing with Texas, OU and NU until Texas took its 3rd tier rights and formed a network; Texas was able to do more than Florida did with their 3rd tier rights...

aggy has had enough of not being the best and we are not the boss of them...

buh bye aggy

They want to be winners by association. You will now hear how great their conference is and every time a team from the conference does win then aggie can just take that morel victory.

Mark it down, this will happen.

5573184912_36ba9e9541_z.jpg

seriously it's not a bad move for them. They don't win titles in the b12 so it's not like they suddenly are not a threat to win a conf title.

They get more $ in the SEC and will continue to do so w/ future SEC TV deals. They also get to pilfer the better SEC program's bowl $$$. In true aggy fashion they'll soak $$ off better programs. This, they're used to.

They're also hoping that Texas recruits will be more inclined to go to anm since they'll be in the premier conf. This might happen but I doubt it. But for aggy it's worth the try, they've been our lil brother for as long as I can recall other than the $herrill years & subsequent fallout.

I don't blame them for leaving to greener pastures. I really don't. Just don't ***** about the series ending, that's part of the decision you made, aggy. You knew if you left we didn't want anything else to do with you. You're useless to us now, that's just the fact of it

hookem.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back