I need a Copyright Lawyer in the Houston area!!!

mrjefft

100+ Posts
Hi all!!

There is a case of copyright infringement going on in Houston. It quite possibly will be a major case, with very large dollar amounts involved, and great publicity for the attorney. There is a good possibility that fraud damages could come into play, as the person using my concepts is knowingly representing himself as the originator of the concepts, and using said concepts for monetary gain.

I know that in some fraud cases, the litigants can be awarded up to 3 times the actual damage. This would be a very large amount, indeed, if it could be proven in court, and it will be pretty easy for a good lawyer to do so.

I presented a concept (previously copyrighted) to an individual who then gave it to another individual, who stands to make a killing by putting it into action. Now, this isn't a concept that just anyone would have. It is a one in one billion deal. I have all the original documents copyrighted. No one else would have just come out of the blue with this idea. The chain is easy to follow from me to the other parties, to the infringement.

I would like any advice I can get.

Another thing, I am not rich. I can't afford a bunch of cash outlay. A percentage deal could make an attorney a couple of million, if things work out right. At the least, I'd say that the other parties would want to settle quickly as possible to keep the publicity down. Any offer to settle would have to be in the millions, as the damages are substantial.

Thanks for any advice/input you may have...........
hookem.gif

How do I protect my idea?
Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something. You may express your ideas in writing or drawings and claim copyright in your description, but be aware that copyright will not protect the idea itself as revealed in your written or artistic work.

FromThe Link

This copyright is of an Architectural work. If you look farther down the page you have the link to, it will state that, in fact, architectural works ARE protected by copyright.... Thanks for the input...

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back