How's Earl doing these days?

rtchorn

250+ Posts
I've been listening to these radio ads for Earl Campbell's pro player auto and doesn't sound too good. It really makes me sad. Does anyone have any insight into his current health?

So sad. Earl is such a wonderful man. He is tough though, Earl is going to be with us for a long time.

He lives about 2 blocks from my parents and I see him from time to time when I am driving by his house. Like others have said, he's hurting.

i saw him at the grand opening of the Academy Sports and Outdoors store in San Angelo a couple years ago (right after the NC, actually). He was in a wheelchair and couldn't do much signing. For every 15 minutes of signing he did he would have to be wheeled to the bathroom for 20 minutes or so. Maybe he was sick.

The respect he got was amazing, though.

Got my cap signed by the man at the Co-op last fall. He was hurting. But yall are right, he got an insane amount of respect and deferance.

Why the hell would anyone think he was drunk? Dumbasses.

just to add, I was at that football game where they used the golf cart to get Earl out, and I remember it being said throughout the stadium that Earl had just had a hip surgery. I don't remember anyone thinking he was drunk that day.

Recent Threads

Back