Horns Stunning performance reclaims # 1

caryhorn

5,000+ Posts
In a shocking upset, the Texas Longhorns edged Bye today and reclaimed the Associated Press top college ranking. It was a tough hard fought game and was in doubt until the end. The historic victory, the Horns first ever over Bye, surprised even Coach Sark. An ecstatic Craig Way spoke to Sark after the game, asking him how the Horns were able overcome their heretofore undefeated opponent, "Well, our guys just stayed the course, didn't overthink the gameplan, didn't take Bye lightly, and most of all, didn't let the empty stands get them down. You know, it's not easy playing an undefeated opponent in front of no fans."

Bye's coach and players were unavailable for comment after this shocking loss.

Some fans, especially a particularly rabid group known as "Hornfans" have been heard gloating after the win--stating that this is not all that surprising, many claiming to have predicted the amazing win.

Last edited:
Today is a sober reminder to every team that you had better respect every opponent and come to play.

I expect Sark will coach this lesson up.
Vandy beating Bama was truly a massive surprise. Not far behind was Arkansas beating the Vols and atm routing Mizzu. Things are a bit upside down in the SEC

Today is a sober reminder to every team that you had better respect every opponent and come to play.

I expect Sark will coach this lesson up.
Not so fast my friend.

Today might wind up being an object lesson that top flight teams will be able to stub their toes and still make the 12 team playoff.

We play Bye again in a few weeks, and their coach will have them coached up after this stunning loss. They will be breathing fire and ready to play their butts off.
Winning is hard! Our pee will need to be water white in this one.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back