Horns open as 8pt favorites vs Baylor

That seems like a a huge line, especially given the last three games against Baylor--three wins by a combined 11 points, including a one point squeaker in Waco when Baylor didn't have Bruce, a five point win in the Big 12 tournament in which Rogers fouled out after 19 minutes, and UT didn't lead until less than 2 minutes to go (OK, UT did lead 2-0, but you get the point), and a five point win in Austin in which UT trailed until Atchley went crazy with 7 minutes to go.

I wonder if the line is influenced by the total wealth of UT and Baylor alums.

Should be an interesting game and a huge contrast from Wednesday's game. Baylor has next to no inside game. Rogers can score there, but no one else can. Diene is good for shot blocking and that's about it, while Lomers is good to commit a lot of fouls. But here come more three point shooters with height advantages over DJ, Abrams and Mason. I look for Baylor to throw up 30 three point shots.

i like ou getting all those points in CS. right now, does a&m really score enough to cover that spread (recent game excluded)? Griffin is a much tougher post up test than anything a&m has faced recently.

I guess it didn't matter, but I would've said take Baylor + 6 or +7 points, so once again I am hoisted by my own retard or something.

Luckily I am in Vegas (not that one is not capable of betting online
cool.gif
) but took the Horns -7.5 - just glad I didn't get to watch it.
smile.gif

Hook'em!!!
texasflag.gif

Vegas does indeed participate in the gambling on these games.

true, they put the line where they can maximize the action period, and action on the wrong side, but they do in fact win or lose daily.

They are not always "right in the middle" taking only juice.

I used to swear by that too and then got to know one of the guys that help set the odds at the Stardust.

Amazing the **** that goes on that most of us don't know about.

i want to know how often they get ppl on the inside to throw/fix games.

i would bet it happens quite often especially in the minor conferences that no one cares about

Actually, BP, Vegas wants a fair game. It can get hurt by a fix just like bettors can.

There is communication between the pro game and also the NCAA and the books when something funny is happening, like someone they don't know tries to bet a large amount on or against a team, or action shoots up well beyond normal.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back