Horns at 3-3 in the Big 12

BabHorn

10,000+ Posts
With two straight wins, the Horns have climbed into sole possession of sixth place in the Big 12. Currently, Baylor holds a 3 game lead on the Horns at 6-0. KSU will either join Baylor on top with a win over OSU Sunday or OSU will share the second spot with KSU with a win. A KSU loss to OSU would leave both with 5-1 records. OU sits alone in fifth with a 3-2 record. Texas will play Baylor twice and OU once in the next two weeks, giving the Horns a chance to close the gap on those two who currently are leading the Horns in the Big 12 standings.

BAB....What are our chances of getting to a #2 or #3 spot by the time the Big 12 Tourney Bracket is drawn up??

I know we CAN win out the season.....

But what games SHOULD we win??

All comments are welcome!

I was thinking a good spot in the tourney gives us a good chance to get a good spot in the Big Dance...

hookem.gif

Assuming the Horns win out, and that will be hard to do as they have a difficult road schedule, probably the best they could do is second in the league. There would have to be a total collapse by Baylor, KSU and OSU for the Horns to have a chance to move into the top three spots. More realistically, they have an excellent shot at finishing fifth, with an outside shot at fourth. Losing to KSU at home and to Tech really hurt the chances of finishing in the top four.

The Horns will likely be in a fight with Nebraska, OSU, and OU for the fourth spot. A&M, Tech, and Colorado will have to sweep the rest of their games to even think about the fourth spot.

While I think Nebraska has the easiest remaining schedule, having completed most of their tough road games, KSU probably has a slightly easier road to winning the season league title than Baylor.

The good news is that another five wins will have the Horns at 20 wins for the season, with some good wins (Arizona State, DePaul, OSU) to present a strong argument to make the NCAAs. Those teams were in the top 25 when UT beat them. DePaul and OSU continue to be ranked. The Horns will face several other top 25 teams with chances to win and continue to impress both the NCAA and WNIT.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back