Helping out local business in need

bevosayshi

250+ Posts
I'm posting this for a friend in hopes that the Longhorn community might be able to help out or pass along the following information to someone that might be interested in getting some concrete work done.

Reaching out......

Modern Concrete Creations, our story....

My husband started his business just two short years ago, and with it, has been able to sustain a family of four, with a student wife and two infant children. It is the story of the American people of late, that as the economy disinclines, the small and modest business owners have been forced to close their doors, with it their dreams and achievements. My husband's story is approaching this outcome, and I am sorrowfully watching him struggle to keep it afloat. Every call he makes, every meeting he attends, every job fair he sets up at, every old customer he's kept acquainted with, every possible customer he can follow up with, he keeps a smile on his face and honestly holds the truth that he may have to give it all up. It discourages me to watch him in the evenings, stressed, tired, losing hope, preparing a plan for shutting down and moving in a different direction, wondering if he will be able to provide for his family. The weight is growing, but all the while, he is smiling at our kids and reading them bedtime stories, and trying to keep me in school so I can get out in to the work field, always supportive of me. I am sending this out as a last call. If there is anyone who needs anything even remotely related to what this business does that you may know of, one job may make the difference. With the only ad (see below) we were able to make this quarter coming out soon, it may be what floats the company on top of the water long enough... it's enough to hope on. Just reading this note and keeping us in your prayers is more than I can ever ask for, I know I have a supportive group of family and friends, and I am thankful for each of you!

Alicia Jones

The ad:

Family and Friends,

Modern Concrete Creations is looking for your business!

Specializing in Staining, Scoring, Driveways, Garage Floors, Patios, Walkways, Epoxy's, Custom Logos, Pool Decks, and much much more.
Indoor and Outdoor, Commercial and Residential experience. Ten years of reliable honest work, with a great Portfolio and References!

Take advantage of your FREE estimate and find out how easy it is to update your old concrete, or add a modern finish to newly laid concrete with Decorative Concrete Coatings. We use the top of the line material, and provide a warranty upon its completion.

Now offering the BEST prices of the season!!

Contact Brad Jones (Owner) today for your estimate @ 512-876-3535, or Alicia Jones (Administrator) via e-mail at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

Visit our website @The Link

*Coming soon
Sun City Vendor Fair Outdoor Booth
See physical examples, ask questions, browse the portfolio.
March 27, 2009

Sincerely, your friends at Modern Concrete Creations

Thank you hornfans!

hookem.gif

In the event that someone does get this company to do work for them, please post your experience(s)....I'm curious to know how it all went. Thanks!

hookem.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back