Gunnar Helm

longhornlegend

1,000+ Posts
This dude was lights out last year and this year he is super reliable. He has hands like when we had Shipley, Cosby & a whole host of others. Anything Colt threw at them was like hitting velcro. Watch Helm and he is the same way. Super happy to have him. He is by far our best TE!!!

This dude was lights out last year and this year he is super reliable. He has hands like when we had Shipley, Cosby & a whole host of others. Anything Colt threw at them was like hitting velcro. Watch Helm and he is the same way. Super happy to have him. He is by far our best TE!!!
And he is big enough to be an effective blocker. He’s going to play on Sundays next year.

That guy was everywhere today. I really didn’t expect him to be a factor in our offense this year but he was lights out as a receiver today. Really happy for him and I hope he continues this level of play throughout the year.

That guy was everywhere today. I really didn’t expect him to be a factor in our offense this year but he was lights out as a receiver today. Really happy for him and I hope he continues this level of play throughout the year.
1000007024.jpg

I said it on the game thread he was channeling his inner David Thomas. He will be open all year long with the quickness and speed we have at receiver.

It is very important for a qb to have a security blanket that they can go to without thinking. Aikman had Novacek, Brady had Gronk, Mahomes has Kelce. Young had Thomas and Colt had Shipley/Cosby(didn’t really use a tight end in that offense). Ewers seems to have Helm.

Worthy of note from the Michigan game - a good Michigan defense couldn't cover him, and when he caught a pass, they couldn't tackle him. Some NFL scout is drooling over this guy.

Check out the 2nd and 15 with 5:02 left in the 3rd (his last reception). We had a perfect view of this pass from EndZone seats. Ewers fires it before Gunnar even turns his head and hits him in stride. It is amazing that those 2 have that kind of chemistry.

Ewers fires it before Gunnar even turns his head and hits him in stride.

I was a tight end and was told by more than one coach that I needed to learn to anticipate the ball before I turned because the QB is going to have it in the air before I turn. I never once was able to adjust and catch the ball being 10-12 feet away from me when I turned on those routes. I can't begin to explain to you how incredibly hard it is to catch a ball like that.

Prototype TE who can block, run, and catch well, and with a knack to run to the open space.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back