Great Ogbannaya article

Pretty incredible. What a wonderful family. Forget the politics for second but it sure reminds me of the African immigrant side of Obama, so hard-working and achieving. I imagine the Ogbannaya story will spread quite a bit if Chris keeps up the success.

Good lord, that's an awful amount of tragedy for somebody to experience at such an early age. Eventually we all lose people we know and love, but it's usually a little more spread out than that, or at least happens when you're older and better equipped to deal with loss.

I'm proud to say that I am friend with his dad and it is very apparent that the fruit does not fall far from the tree.

No wonder he is such a good leader and unselfish player. I really hope Obiwan has impressed NFL scouts with his versatility this year and his reliability. This guy deserves to get picked up and it would be nice to see such a great guy get a roster spot.
hookem.gif

I am surprised that the author didn't contact Matt Jackson at SR 610. MJ always says he was a legal guardian to Chris while he was in high school.

Wow. I've always liked Ogy, even when he was a part time player. I'll root for him even more now.

Articles says he lost 15pds from last season. It shows. He's defnitely quicker this year.

I've never head Matt Jackson say he was Chris' "legal guardian." I think he's said that he was like an older brother to him, whatever that means. think they lived close to each other when Chris was in junior high and high school. Jackson isn't that much older than Chris. Jackson is only in his late 20s.

Simply amazing. I now have a new favorite player. I really hope Chris gets a shot in the NFL. What an incredible young man and the definition of a role model.

Matt is 31 or 32. He and I went to the same church in Mo City along with Chris and his family. My mom taught Chris in confirmation. His dad, Kalu, was a mentor to me while I was growing up. He is a great man as evidenced by how well all of his kids are doing. From Wall St to the football field to the stage, all of them are exceptional individuals who are as successful in their character as in their professions.
vince.gif

Recent Threads

Back