Goose Gossage - newest inductee to Hall of Fame

Definitely should have been in earlier. He was filthy.

Probably my favorite passage from Ron Luciano's book is his description of how Thurman Munson would cuss out Gossage and get him pissed off, making him throw really hard. And then when Munson caught the ball, he'd immediately hurl another round of even more offensive expletives at Gossage, and Gossage would get madder and throw the next pitch even harder. And this would go on until the third out.

I can't believe how low Tim Raines' total is.

I think everybody ahead of him should have already been in. The HoF is trending too restrictive again.

Well deserved. Congratulations to the Goose. Now, if the voters will simply wise up and give Rice his due...

HornHuskerDad
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif
ousucksnana.gif

Way too long in my opinion. I live in the same town as Goose, he runs a hamburger stand here and it's very similiar to In & Out. He's actually had to change the name a few times cause they keep threatening lawsuits. Reminds me of Coming to America with the McDonald's/McDowell's.

I think Rice makes it by a few votes next year. There's some sort of mystique associated with voting a dude in on his last shot.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back