Good SAT prep course for my kid?

Zone Read

100+ Posts
He's a junior in HS, looking for a prep course to give him an edge. A recommendation for an effective prep book would be OK.

I can't remember their names, but those people in Plano who almost got in big trouble had a history of raising SAT scores 200+ points.

I wonder what they used, other than the released test they got in trouble for using?

I bet if you googled Plano SAT scandal you would find them.

princeton review is a good sat prep course. i imagine the high school offers good materials and probably a review class. ours did but that was 20 years ago.

See if there is still a Measurement and Evaluation Center at UT Austin. Call them and ask for recommendations. They are a good resource.

Read as many books (any books) as possible. Do crossword puzzles. Do logic problems.

Get help with the math if necessary, but just exposing him to the wordplay used in crosswords, as well as the utility of constant reading will raise his verbal score significantly.

Are you still looking? The official book put out by the College Board has 10 practice tests in it. Get this book and go through all the practice tests; that will help a lot. I also do private SAT tutoring...contact me if interested.

Recent Threads

Back