Go back to school?

LonghornCougar

1,000+ Posts
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I need some advice.

I started school back at UT years ago but ended up leaving for personal reasons. I finished my degree at UH (accounting), but am considering going back to school at Texas for a second degree (maybe comp sci).

Anyways, I'm a little older now, borderline late 20's, and it just feels weird, I would just like to hear some input on what you guys think about going back since I'll probably be surrounded by kids much younger.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

You'll be the same age as the TA's. You won't be as afraid to speak to a professor as many of the young pups. You might even charm one or two of the younger coeds. All in all, not a bad deal.

I say this from experience, having worked my own way through UT, and graduated at age 27.

Haha, thanks Sangre.

hookem.gif

Back when the economy in Houston hit the skids in the late 80's, I went back at the ripe old age of 29.

I looooved it.

My wifey got preggers so we moved back to Houston after one semester, but it was great.

I am about to finish my CS degree at UT and I'm going to be just under the wire of 40 when I walk. Not weird at all. There's plenty of adults on campus pursuing degrees.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back