Gasol Traded To Lakers

LA has a great pair of big men in Bynum and Gasol, should work well in the west. Hell of a price to pay for Pao though.

I think its a pretty good trade for the Lakers. Gasol can give you more production than Kwame and Crittendon combined. First round picks that typically fall late in the first round are a crap shoot anyway. You know what you are getting with Gasol, and if you look at picks 20-30 of the last 3 drafts, there is not a single player that compares to Gasol. Plus now Kobe cant whine about the front office not picking up any help. I really don't think they gave away much at all.

That is a GREAT trade for the L.A. Lakers. That makes them a formidable West darkhorse, especially with the way S.A. is playing right now (last night at Phoenix notwithstanding).

This trade pleases me.

bounce.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce.gif
bounce2.gif

So when Bynum get's healthy, do you really start Bynum and Gasol? Put Odom at sf and that's a huge, although very talented lineup. Can that really keep up with some of the faster teams in the west?

Good trade for Pao Gasol. Man, what a deal for him. And good for the Lakers. This pleases Kobe and they probably owed him some kind of move like this. Only time will tell if they gave up too much to get him. Pao's solid but he doesn't strike fear in anyone. He's long and occasionally plays defense. I still think Phoenix is the team to beat in the Pacific,

Don't know much about Gasol, but the Kwami Brown experiment is over.

Anything to move him and get an A grade big player back is good.

Especially to hang around the top 5 seeds or so while Bynum is out.

Sounds like the Lakers did pretty well for themselves to me, too.

Lakers chances of being in the finals this year has greatly improved. Gasol, Bryant, Odom and Bynum when healthy will be hard to beat.

What's worse is West is rumored to possibly return to the Lakers in some capacity once a replacement GM is found in Memphis. And we're supposed to believe that he just coincidentally gave away his best player to his (possibly) future team? I don't see how the league office can turn the other way on this.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back