Funny Dr Pepper Commercial- Ewers

Yeah, saw this. Semi-smile worthy part re: Ewers.

Like the attention to UT.

However, still hard for me to accept the ad Sheriff.

To me, the ou anti-christ: Brian Bosworth... :rolleyes1:

Last edited:
I do like the commercial. It took me 2 times watching to get the joke, however. Then a good belly laugh.

It does seem to create some conflict between Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning, though. Quinn keeps on saying "I don't need a backup". He seems to be saying that doesn't need Arch Manning around - that he can do it all himself. A little arrogant or presumptuous maybe? It's not the best look when someone says "I don't need my teammates - I can do it all myself." In a team sport, it seems like everyone needs teammates. Am I wrong about this?

I do like the commercial. It took me 2 times watching to get the joke, however. Then a good belly laugh.

It does seem to create some conflict between Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning, though. Quinn keeps on saying "I don't need a backup". He seems to be saying that doesn't need Arch Manning around - that he can do it all himself. A little arrogant or presumptuous maybe? It's not the best look when someone says "I don't need my teammates - I can do it all myself." In a team sport, it seems like everyone needs teammates. Am I wrong about this?
I think you are taking it way too literally. If I had to guess, Arch and QE probably got a good laugh watching this together as did most of the team.

It does seem to create some conflict between Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning, though. [...] He seems to be saying that doesn't need Arch Manning around - that he can do it all himself. A little arrogant or presumptuous maybe?
That was my initial impression as well. Turning it around to promote the “best backup in the land” would have been just as easy and not so dismissive-sounding towards Arch, imo. But I’ve had too much to think.

I love the fact that Texas and Ewers is getting such attention, but I thought that the ad left much to be desired. A bit hokey. Hopefully Quinn is a much better quarterback than he is an actor.

I thought the script was pretty weak, and the fact Bosworth called him “Deputy Quinn Ewers” instead of just “Deputy Ewers” was weird.

A simple script change like, “Backup? Where we’re going this year, we don’t need no backup,” would’ve been pretty cool, and nice play on Back to the Future.

What would’ve been even better is if Arch had made an appearance, and then Deputy Ewers had said, “I don’t need no back up.”

Oh well. They didn’t ask me…

Watching Quinn and Arch last 2 years I am certain they had a good laugh over the commercial. I know Quinn shared everything about that commercial with Arch. This is nothing.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back