For those who think Clemens is guilty?

Handler XIII

1,000+ Posts
Do you also think Nolan cheated as well? He played with the steroid Rangers, He threw his 7th no-no at age 44, his last pitch with an injured arm was 98 mph, and in 86 he was suppose to have elbow surgery but chose an intense workout program instead. I'm just curious why when people talk about Rocket's achievements in his 40's it's because he juiced but Nolan was all natural because he worked out hard. Especially since for years players have been talking about the intensity of Clemens' workouts. I don't see how you can accuse one and not the other?

Maybe it's because Nolan Ryan's personal trainer didn't swear to prosecutors that he had injected Nolan with steroids...I mean that's just a guess, but it may have something to do with it...

You asked why Ryan wasn't being dragged through the mud, and I said it was because his personal trainer hadn't accused him. This crap about Clements didn't come up until he was accused by the trainer...

As an additional reason...Clements always threw 95 or so...Ryan through about 105 in his prime, so that 98 mph fastball at the end of his career did actually show some age....

The MLB does not test for HGH and people like BALCO were in business to make sure their products (cream, clear, etc) weren't detectable.

Not 'testing' positive means nothing.

Like TO says "If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat..."

Basically, if you think/want Clemens to be guilty, you'll believe this Mcnamee character. I posted this at obloods as well:

he's lost quite a bit on his fastball, at least 5-6 mph consistently. Also, him going to the NL was a factor I'm sure, the batters weren't used to him at first. But look at his great seasons after 40, he faded towards the end. Also, the last 2 or 3 years, he's only pitched half or 2/3 of a season, etiher by design or because of injury.

I'd guess Roger did some things, but he's definitely not the same as he was at other periods in his career. He's had to reinvent himself and he's certainly not a power pitcher. Also, he was 42 during that 18-4 season, not 44. he's also pitched alot fewer innings since joining the Yankees and also has only had 3 seasons of 200K or more since 99 (when he started with the Yanks at 37). He had to rely more on his fielders to help him out, rather than just blowing people away. Look at his career SO numbers, they're alot lower. Check his innings pitched, anything but more durable. i don't think it's for purely selfish reasons that he's started the last few seasons later and later and bailed on traveling. He's probably a bit more tired then he was in his earlier career. Check his era numbers with the Yanks. Pretty much the worse of his career. It got better in Houston because he switched leagues, started the season later, and didn't travel. He may be guilty, but you have to look a little deeper than "he was 18-4 at age 44."

Didn't Nolan top out at just a shade over 100?

I want Clemens to be clean but if the trainer really did turn in needles with Clemens DNA and Roger just swore up and down in a depo that he didn't use the stuff, then Roger is going to face perjury charges soon.

604nile.jpg

wink.gif
I kid, I kid.

Vol,
They can be tested but they would not hold up in court because the defense could easily raise enough doubt about whether McNamee tampered with them or not. There is no way for him to prove that the steroids and needles were used at the same time.

In fact, it is unlikely they would even be admissible considering McNamee got them out of Clemens house, allegedly.

I don't know if Roger is guilty of anything. Just as I don't know anything about the private lives of all athletes in college and professional sports. It's none of my business, and not that of my government either.

I firmly believe Roger will hold his own and stand his ground against this fascist theater.

Not guilty.
Of anything.

Roger, you're a neighbor in this country. I give you your proper respect. Your life is none of my business.

-- signed, We The People
(the real government)

Those needles are way to contaminated to be shown as evidence...

Plus, whatever traces are left in there might not even be steroids anymore. It is not like you can just add water to the dried out traces and you magically have the same chemical compound again.

WHO really cares and why are they wasting so much time and tax payers money on something that is really unimportant in the grand scheme of running this country.

The Senators just want their mugs on TV to help them get re-elected so they can waste some more money. ( Not a politcal statement ---- it applies to both parties). JMHO.

Roger probably did use, don't think they can "prove" it.
As far as the needles go, McN. could contaminate a needle used for B12 shots w HGH after the fact, even if allowed into evidence, so as stated earlier - not a factor in court.

Oh, and OU sucks!
smile.gif

hookem.gif

For those of you think roger is NOT guilty please explain this to me:

If Roger was shocked and never knew that Andy Pettite took steroids please explain the following statement from Roger Clemens in yesterday's deposition:

"And let me add, in 2006 -- in 2006, he and I had a conversation in Atlanta's locker room when this L.A. Times report became public about a Grimsley report, and they said that Andy's and my name were listed in that. And I remember him coming into that room, the coach's room, the main office there of the clubhouse attendant, and sitting down in front of me, wringing his hands and looking at me like he saw a ghost.
And he looked right at me and said, What are you going to tell them? And I told him that I am going out there and I am going to tell them the truth, I did none of this. I never worked out with Jason Grimsley. He was a teammate of mine,
and I never worked out with him. And I am going to go out there and tell them the truth.
That alone should have confirmed Andy's misunderstanding that I have ever told him that I used HGH." (END QUOTE)

OK, so Andy Pettitte comes in looking like he saw a ghost. . . and asks what he is gonna do about the report. . . and he looks like he saw a ghost solely because he was worried about Roger???? . . . Is that what you believe???????

I don't think so. . . It was because Andy was also worried about his OWN HGH use. . . .? - - and Roger knew it, and he almost completely slipped up in his lies- - It's lucky Roger didn't let any more of that conversation out or he would have been in deep doo-doo. . . .do you really believe that Roger didn't know about Andy's HGH use now?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back