Finally, the Obama Administration has a Plan to Stop ISIS

iatrogenic

2,500+ Posts
June 21, 2016:

Attorney General Loretta Lynch said that love and compassion are the best responses to terrorism during remarks to the media in Orlando, Florida on Tuesday.

Lynch said the Department of Justice stood in solidarity with the LGBT community “in the light” following a Muslim terrorist’s massacre of 49 people at a gay nightclub last week.

“We stand with you to say that the good in this world far outweighs the evil, that our common humanity transcends our differences, and that our most effective response to terror and to hatred is compassion, it’s unity, and it’s love,” Lynch said. “We stand with you today as we grieve together, and long after the cameras are gone, we will continue to stand with you as we grow together in commitment, in solidarity, and in equality.”

Okay, let's give it a go:

Maybe we could show some love by sending them a Hallmark card and flowers expressing our appreciation for the economic and social advancements for which they are responsible. Or, show them you care by participating in group activities with them; Anyone up for cutting off heads of Jews or Christians this Friday? How about a big hug for the local terrorist (just don't get any bomb residue on you if you are heading to the airport). We could begin a Saturday afternoon "Slap your Woman Around" hour, or engage in stabbing and mutilating the local homosexuals, or having Monday night "honour" killings of our daughters to show our empathy with their plight. Feel free to be creative in expressing your love and compassion.

That is the chief law enforcement officer of the United States. She rightfully charged Dylan Roof with a hate crime, but redacted references to ISLAM made by the killer, Mateen, in the Orlando massacre. She refers to ex-cons as "justice involved individuals". The fact that these front running morons are in the highest public offices in the land is twilight zone worthy.

From the same report:

Earnest again this week confirmed the Obama administration maintains closing the prison as a top priority, even with 79 more detainees to release before the president’s term ends:

“There is strong unanimity of opinion across the administration that closing the prison at Guantanamo Bay is a national security priority.

And I feel confident in telling you that every member of the President’s national security team, including the Attorney General, supports that goal and believes that it would enhance the national security of our country to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay.”

To back up the fact that the security of the U.S. is enhanced by this move, the article also points out:

In June, the Washington Post printed an investigative story that determined at least a dozen previously released Guantanamo Bay detainees had committed attacks, sometimes deadly, against American forces in Afghanistan.

Barack is much more concerned with checking off every item on his hope and change dream list than the security and future of this nation.
Even knowing this, it is shocking to me.

I think they would argue that closing Guantanamo would take away a recruiting tool, which is frankly an absurd rationale. I'm not saying we shouldn't consider that sort of thing, but if you let it be the overriding factor, then you effectively have terrorists setting your antiterrorism policy. They'll make a recruiting tool out of anything that's effective.

Exactly. Try applying their logic to the U.S. criminal justice system:

The criminals on the street are mad that there are criminals in jail, and if we don't release the criminals from jail, the criminals on the street are going to recruit more criminals.

I'm fairly sure that the Administration has not quite zeroed in on the motivation of the Islamic "radicals".

I think they would argue that closing Guantanamo would take away a recruiting tool, which is frankly an absurd rationale.

Yep. And now the recruiting tool will be "see, they're afraid of us. They're willing to change their position and allow our people to go free in the hopes that we'll stop attacking them, because they know they can't stop us any other way."

Back