Entry-Level Attorney Position In Austin?

Bevo04

100+ Posts
Long-time lurker here who decided it was time to register. Anyway, I am a newly licensed attorney (Nov. 2007) who is looking for any type of attorney position. I graduated from South Texas College of Law last May, passed the Texas Bar, and was licensed this past November. I made decent grades, worked at my school's legal clinic and worked for a family law judge in Houston while I was in school. I am from Austin originally and I graduated from UT in 2004. Both of my parents hold 2 degrees a piece from UT and we are all HUGE UT fans. With my family and fiance here in Austin, I am looking to stay in Austin. I am very grateful for any help. Thanks!

Come apply with us:

OAG job linkwww.oag.state.tx.us/agency/jobs_ag.shtml

The pay will not knock your socks off (welcome to the world of po' guv'mint lawyers) but if you are interested in trial work this is the place to be on the civil side. I know of one opening in my division (we are busily taking land to build the Katy freeway expansion), so you could end up litigating in Houston. Plus, at one time, the agency had a law school loan forgiveness program where you could get part of your (public) loans forgiven if you worked for three years.

PM me if you want more info.

I am an attorney with offices in Cedar Park and Lampasas. I have some ideas for you. But if you're looking for a salaried job with a firm in Austin as a recent grad from So. Tx COL, I do NOT have any ideas for you. What area of law are you interested in practicing?

My background in law school is heavily weighted towards family law, marital property, and business law. However, I'm finding just about everything interesting and would be open to anything. Thanks.

Just wanted to say that I am still looking for something full-time. I went ahead and got some small office space to do some part-time work, I'm working on a few cases, but I'm still looking. Thanks.

What's your experience in LLC / LLP / etc? I need to do some modifications in the way of a business incorporation, etc.

Feel free to PM.

texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif
hookem.gif
texasflag.gif

you'd think some of these basic places are the first places an attorney would look in his/her search. I'm not hatin, just sayin.

I've applied for multiple positions at the OAG and never hear anything back. From what I understand, human resources is a black hole over there.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back