Don't ever buy the 400 disc DVD changer from Sony

SouthernGent

100+ Posts
at least not from Ultimate Electronics.

I just bought one today because my DVD collection is getting extensive and I would like to be able to scroll through a list instead of loading single DVDs.

Out of the 238 I loaded tonight the ******* machine allowed me to play 15 of them. The others I couldn't get to play. Yet on my $95 DVD player they all play fine.

Anyone have this problem that might be able to offer a suggestion. If not, I'm taking this piece of **** back tomorrow morning (this morning).

HLDGCWKN.jpg

damn, that's pretty, but hey, if it doesn't work looks don't mean ****. Are any of the dics that won't play burned copies?

sony is notorious for having ****** dvd players, especially the kind that give a " cf:13 " error when the player cant or wont read the disc. I've bought and returned 4 copies of boondock saints, but none of them will play on one of my dvd players. Out of 200 or so DVDs that i own, maybe 65% can play on the Sony. I would take it back and search for another brand.

It is pretty. And the options would be great for me.

However, the POS doesn't play the damn disks for me. And unfortunately I don't think there is another company in the market that has a changer > 5 discs.

I have a Panasonic that works great except I can only load 5 at a time.

I have a Sony 200 disc changer. I've had it for about 5 years and can't remember it ever refusing to play a cd.

That's strange. Are you playing originals or copies or a mix?

One of my first Sony DVD players would choke sometimes on cd copies- and definitely had probs w/ dvd copies. I would have thought Sony corrected that by now- as you can get a $60 Apex player that plays just about any media/ format.

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the mega disc CD changer. First off, I only have about 50 CDs that I'd like to listen to anyway, and I'll never have to have 1000 hours of music at my beck and call. To me it's just overkill.

Sorry, mine is a CD changer not DVD. I have no experience with their DVD players.

I can't imagine having a DVD changer because I only have about 10 DVDs and those are concerts and music documentaries.

I do have hundreds of CDs and it's a great place to store my favorite 200 and not clutter up the room with jewel boxes.

I had a Sony DVD player and it didn't last very long.

I can't vouch for Denon's quality control either.

Incredibly, my cheap *** Samsung DVD player has lasted longer than either.

I have a five disc Sony dvd player and it's never given me a problem; with store bought, or with my own burned CD-R, CD RW, DVDs, DVD-R, DVD+-RW; they all play. So I wouldn't think it would be the drive itself.

I have had a Sony 200 cd player for about 5 years now and have had zero problems. It's a nice compact storage device. I got tired of messing with jewel cases.

I own a lot of CDs, but it's just so much easier to rip them to MP3 and put them on my entertainment computer. It's awesome

UofT

How does that work exactly? I might have to sub my 400 CD changer for an old laptop but dont really know how to do it.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back