Diane Rehm

Perham1

2,500+ Posts
She has a great program on NPR (carried by one of the best public radio stations in the country, imo, KERA in Dallas, which one can listen to via web stream): thoughtful, educating, entertaining, and fair.

I have to admit that for a while I envisioned her as an 80-year old woman, only later finding out she has spasmodic dysphonia, a neurological condition that causes strained, difficult speech..

She had some guy on yesterday, a political operative/hatchet man, who, as the program progressed, was appearing more and more unbalanced, and Ms. Rehm had to remind him that it would be best if he didn't insult the callers by calling them fanatics and whackjobs.

I enjoy listening to her show. Wish I would have heard that. But I began taking the train to work this week.

I like her show, too...

She leans towards the left, but her show is generally pretty thoughtful, none of that yelling over each other crap you hear on other shows...

She always has really good and relevant geopolitical subjects for the 1st hour...Her second hour is often geared towards interviews with authors and things like that...

I too have always imagined she was really old. I figured respect for her age was one of the reasons that guests tend to be civil on the show. Her program really is enjoyable to listen to because it is not the same old circus.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back