Craig Way Show

So when I first moved to DFW after law school in 1996 the ticket was just in its infancy and the morning show with Dunham and Miller was my go to on the way to work. Those two are close friends with Craig Way and to this day do the Craig Way memorial high school game as part of their Friday football picks. I will never forget Craig's call out to George Dunham in 1996 when Texas upset Nebraska noting that there will be a Dallas radio announcer in a dress the following week and making sure that the entire Longhorn nation knew about it and there was no way George could back out of it. Bill Schoening was so good and when we lost him to the Spurs I worried about Way moving from color to play by play but he more than lived up to it and now his voice is synonymous with longhorn sports more than any other in history.

While he's at it, Craig really ought to consider visiting Ulta and getting some spray-in conditioner and perhaps some skin care products. :rolleyes:

If I were to post my current photo (I won't), you Ulta beauty consultants (male b*****s!) would no doubt state:

Damn Worster.... you need some serious work!

Dude, how long you gonna ignore that neck, jaw, bags under the eyes?

Who amongst us have not aged gracefully or otherwise. At times I see someone staring back in the mirror that I don’t recognize.
Who Dat?
I look at myself in the mirror and think “Yeah, I’ve aged, but I look pretty good for someone who was in high school back in ‘70s.” Then I see myself in a Zoom video at work and I think “Holy [bleep] I look so old!! Sort of like my granddad, only with more hair. For now.”

That being said, some of the people I went to high school are still recognizable, others not so much. I hope I fall into the former category.

That being said, some of the people I went to high school are still recognizable, others not so much. I hope I fall into the former category.
I went to my 20-year college reunion in 1988. I found that my classmates fell into three general categories:
(1) a small group - "He hasn't changed a bit in twenty years."
(2) most of us - "I remember him, but he's changed a bit in twenty years."
(3) another small group - "Who the hell is he?"

Weird story, but Laurie Way was my mom's friend's college roommate. The whole Way family was so kind when my mom died from cancer, and then Laurie was diagnosed a few years later and fought like we'd all expect.

When Craig was doing commentary in the 90s, I was working in the athletics department and basically faked my way into the booth to see how the sausage is made. The man is an encyclopedia and knew every HS coach... like POSITION coaches for middle-of-the-road 3A schools. He was (is?) so much into building relationships and then using those bonds for good. Not many people like that.

I actually have a tough time listening to him now because it's a little too bittersweet and close-to-home. Like I get anxious in my stomach thinking that I'm forgetting to call an interviewee or something. Or Mack Brown (which I might have done once or twice).

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back