cheap airtravel

austinrealtor

25+ Posts
Hopefully this is the right thread to pose this question. I am traveling from Lubbock to Houston and in need of some cheap plane tickets for Friday to Sunday--these are the only days my schedule allows me to travel.

Most of the discount sites (site 59, cheapo, etc) offer tickets starting at $200-$225, which is way too much for my student budget. Am I not looking in the right places? I know traveling from Dallas to Austin or Houston is around $125-seriously.

thx for any help

I don't mean to be Capt. Obvious, but have you tried Southwest? They service LBB.

I just did a hypothetical weekend of your travel, Feb. 8 - 10. The majority of the flights either way are at or below $105 (depending on the time you want). I chose various times and each scenario averaged $215.

Being Southwest, that's probably the cheapest you'll be able to find it, especially if you're going to buy the ticket a week or two in advance.

You're right about those prices when flying between Dallas/Austin/Houston/San Antonio. Unfortunately Lubbock isn't as big of an airport as these, and I believe this is why it'll cost more to fly to/from there. (I've run into the same problem when looking for flights to Amarillo).

By the ticket 2 months in advance on Southwest and you'll get some good deals or download their Ding! app and watch out for deals.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back