Bobby Callison, Chris Gilbert, Corby Robertson, Larry Carlson , Longhorn Brand builders

Billy Dale

The History of Longhorn Sports through 2014

Attachments

• Callison Peschels and Street.jpg
    Callison Peschels and Street.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Chris Gilbert 9.jpg
    Chris Gilbert 9.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Corby Robertson, Chris Gilbert  2018.jpg
    Corby Robertson, Chris Gilbert 2018.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Nov 2015 My All American Corby Robertson.jpg
    Nov 2015 My All American Corby Robertson.jpg
    739.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Gotta say, he is my All-American too.

I still think we should have a Freddie statue on campus.
The scoreboard is named in his honor, and his photo & plaque are mounted for the team to touch or "salute" with Horns as they go onto the field.

(I have a photo of it on my phone but don't know how to post it)

The scoreboard is named in his honor, and his photo & plaque are mounted for the team to touch or "salute" with Horns as they go onto the field.

(I have a photo of it on my phone but don't know how to post it)
I understand. The old scoreboard in the north end zone had his name on it. I don't think Godzillatron does & I'm not sure that anyone besides a bunch of old geezers even know it bears his name (not calling names; I'm obviously one of those old geezers).
The plaque is for the players & well it should be there. But Freddie was a student, too. There is no visible remembrance of him for anyone outside of the football team. I still believe he should have a statue on campus.

His memorial was aways on the South End Zone score board, on the front facing the field. Please don't ask Deloss about our "conversation" regarding that when the Jumbotron was built.

Back