Baylor?

Valdemsi

25+ Posts
Ok does anyone think that its bs that Baylor is still not ranked in one poll and ranked below the Ags in the other? The Ags can't play on the road and Baylor has shown they can. The Ags don't have ay more quality wins then Baylor does, so i think its bs

they did play a 5OT game just a few days prior to the OU game with that said i imagine the pollsters let that loss slide. however, if they start losing more then obviously they don't need to be ranked, but personally i hope they continue to do well except when they play the horns of course.

Arkansas will probably be dancing in March. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Arkansas did beat Missouri.

I think wins over Notre Dame, South Carolina and A&M, a close loss to #8 Wash State (who Baylor was beating with a couple minutes to go) and a close loss to Arkansas gives them SOME cred from the writers. Had they beaten OU, they probably would be +/- #20 right now in both polls.

I think come March, Kansas, Texas, K-State, A&M, OU and Baylor will be dancing. Baylor is a #7 seed in the latest "Bracketology".
pirate.gif

I think OU is even more underestimated than Baylor. Sure they blew the game to SFA, but with the Griffins and Longar that is an NBA frontcourt. And their guards are underrated, esp. the Johnson kid from Amarillo is developing nicely. Wouldn't surprise me to see them finish 2nd or 3rd in conference before all is said and done.

I understand close losses mean little to nothing come tourney time- however I appreciate your insight and lofty basketball IQ.

My point in making that statement was, despite Baylor losing to OU, they remained in the Top 25 because they played ranked and/or higher profile programs close and the AP writers believe their talent warrants keeping them in the poll.

Nothing more, nothing less Socrates.

Arkansas, by the way, absolutely crushed Florida. BU is a pretty good team (and so is Texas). We look forward to the re-match in Waco.

Oklahoma has an RPI of 28 and Arkansas is 41st. The Bears are 2-4 now against the RPI Top 50, and today's 8-point loss was their most lopsided one of the season. They have no "bad losses" to speak of.

The fact of the matter is that the polls are a complete cluster after the top 12 or so. I participate in a Top 25 poll each week, and I can assure you that is an absolute headache to try to sort out the 25 teams that could lay claim to those last 10 slots. It's not inconceivable that some folks would vote for Baylor to be one of those hanging on to the bottom rung, although I'm sure after today's loss this issue will be irrelevant.

Ark. beat Florida 80 to 61, that is pretty impressive. I like Baylor and I think they have a decent chance to make the dance depending on how they finish the year.

One step forward (beating A&M), 2 steps back for the Bears (losing to OU and UT). Next 2 games are Tech and Kansas.

Classic baylor sports... get our hopes up... and then have them dashed (again).

brickwall.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back