Bad game

ToxicShock

100+ Posts
Bad game vs an extremely hot team. We shot about 20% BTA while they shot about 60%. We couldn't stop them inside for the first 10 mins or so. Our free throw shooting was abysmal tonight and cost us a chance to cut the lead to about 6 to 8 on multiple occasions. Commentators kept saying that atm's D is what made us play so bad, but I felt like we just kept missing wide open shots, esp. 3's.

Silver lining, I guess, is that DJ, Damion and AJ couldn't play much worse. The aggies can't possibly continue to be this hot. We get them at home as the conference schedule winds down. After the initial surge and them getting up by 22 points, we just couldn't do enough to get back in the game and it disrupted our game plan. Great minutes from Dexter who looked like he was playing with passion which I haven't seen much of this season. Mason also contributed good minutes with hustle. If he had any offensive game whatsoever, he would be one of the best players in the league with his athleticism. I don't mind the technical fouls- at least we were getting pissed rather than letting them ***-rape and do nothing about it. I just hope the FEC is as friendly to us as reed was to the ags tonite.

I don't know why we didn't start hacking Jordan and Jones everytime down the court in the second half. Other than Kirk and Carter they shoot about 55% from the line.

Not a good way to start a stretch where we play Baylor, OU and Kansas.

I just don't think we are all that good. Yea, we played AWWWWFUL and A&M couldn't have played much better, but still, we need to at least put up a fight....we got blown out.....the lead was never under 10 in the second half. Pretty sad. I'll say we get a 5-8 seed.....8 seed would have to be a HUGE slide, but i guess more realistically it is in the 4-7 range. We are NOT a 2 or 3 seed. Def not right now.

Pathetic.

We beat UCLA AND Tennessee on the road, only to get blown out by aggy? (AGAIN)

Here's hoping we can do better at home. (AGAIN)

Oh well, I guess it only matters how well the Horns play in March.

Predictions for the remainder of the season:

Baylor (H) Toss up- hopefully we'll be pissed and protect homecourt. I'll guess win.
OU (A) Loss
Iowa State (A) Win
Kansas (h) Loss
Baylor(A) Loss
aggy (H) I'll go out on a limb and guess we pay them back in a close one.
OU (H) win
Kstate (A) loss
Neb (H) win
Okie state (H) win

We lose 4 of our next 10. We won't get a first round bye but any win we can pick up will help in the tournament. I still think we'll end up a 5 seed. The loss to mizzou really hurts b/c it gives us no margin for error for the rest of the season. Any other unexpected losses and we could go into a tailspin. The insult to injury is that their starting 5 is now suspended and they can't even beat nebraska now. If they don't get their guys back, they are going to be a doormat for the rest of the league to walk all over while we played them at their best.

Basketball's all about matchups, and this team matches up horribly with A&M. A&M wins this game seven out of 10 times. We could have shot better but part of that was A&M's perimeter defense.

We matched up horribly with UCLA but had no problem going into pauley pavillion and walking away with a gutty win. This team had no guts tonite.

The more I watch this team, the more I dont like their chances in the tourney. There is just no down low presence, no quality depth (though Dex is coming on), AJ is in a monumental shooting slump, and for us to beat good teams, we have to a stellar effort from everyone, especially DJ and Damion. If either is off, it seems like we struggle mightily. Hopefully we can find some more offense from the role players.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back