Army Pilot needs a job

jamesmaner

500+ Posts
So I'm a UH60 Blackhawk pilot coming off active duty this year and wondering if anyone knows of any flying jobs in/around Texas and preferably Austin.

Sorry I do not know of employment opps but I always make point of saying thank you for military service.

Can I take your spot in the army? I've always wanted to fly and am getting prepped to go Navy to fly and pretty much would want to be in your position (wanting to fly in and around Austin) in the future.

I don't know of a job opening but i've a relative that retired DEA flying for a local hospital...have you tried the contractor for those?

How does one become a cop or a pilot of the cop choppers? That would be a cool job. Still exciting and helping people every day.

Not to thread jack but the cops or cop pilots that fly helicopters are really cool. 1. Your flying a helicopter in a city with other traffic in the air. 2. You are following a high speed chase or looking for a suspect that is running on ground. 3. You are giving constant updates to what you see on the ground with street names and traffic conditions. It always nice when they show up to help.

I don't know if you've found a job yet or not but i noticed the forest service needing pilots, 20 to be exact around the country. Is it really that hard to find a flying job? are there that many out there competing for the same jobs? Inquiring minds want to know.
cool.gif

I know fixed wing pilots are not in demand. Most of the entry level pilots live on food stamps cause the airlines can get away with paying them so cheaply.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back