Arch Manning = Gold

1sahorn

1,000+ Posts
Don't really know where to put this so I'll cram it in here.

Somebody reports that Arch donated his 1st NIL check of $102,500 to the Austin Ronald McDonald House. What a worthy charity. What a quality human being. Not suprised, he IS a Manning.

Somebody reports that Arch donated his 1st NIL check of $102,500 to the Austin Ronald McDonald House. What a worthy charity. What a quality human being. Not suprised, he IS a Manning.
I know parents who stayed there about 20 years ago (the kid is fine except he is an aggy). First class operation. Good for Arch.

Absolutely a class act. Coming from money apparently he has been well taught. That is not common in a world of me me me, instant gratification.

I know parents who stayed there about 20 years ago
My wife and I stayed there a couple times 21 years ago. Our youngest spent his first 3 weeks in Texas Childrens’ NICU. We were there every night, mostly sleeping in waiting rooms but the RMH had a room available for us a couple times in that period, and it felt like the greatest luxury on earth to have a shower and a bed for the night.

In Katy we have a similar place, The Ballard House, that provides free rooms to patients who are in town for medical treatment. Most of them are MD Anderson patients, but also a lot of heart patients. It is a great free resource for people who are often already very stretched financially in dealing with their illness.

Anyone looking for a worthy cause to make a donation of $ &/or time, the Ronald McDonald Houses (& Ballard House) are fantastic options. They put donated $ & volunteer time to excellent use.

Last edited:
Anyone looking for a worthy cause to make a donation of $ &/or time, the Ronald McDonald Houses (& Ballard House) is a fantastic option. They put donated $ & volunteer time to excellent use.
Agreed, thanks @1sahorn ... the Ballard House runs on volunteers and donations. I have volunteered there since 2016 and I can’t tell you how many people have expressed to me what a great gift it is to have a free place to stay while they are dealing with a serious medical condition. It lightens their burden a bit.

Recent Threads

Back