Anyone take Lexapro?

dalhorn1

1,000+ Posts
I just started up again on a new rotation of 10mg, and the transition phase is affecting me much more than it did the first time I took it, nearly two years ago.

I'm not looking for any medical advice, per se, just seeing if anyone can recall how long the initial side effects went on before you got settled in with the meds. Right now, I've got a constant light-headed feeling, a bit of vertigo that gets worse working in a high-rise building, dry-mouth, etc...

I'm managing through it, but I sure will be ready to become acclimated to it soon.
whiteflag.gif

My friend takes it, and he took about a week to 10 days to get used to it...but once he did it worked great for him.

I used to take it and started back up again about a year later. I remember the side effects lasting a week. I eventually switched off of it because I couldn't...perform.

i was worried about the performance issue the first time i took it and was pleased to see no negative effects. this time, apparently, i seem to "perform" longer....Go Lexapro!

And, i'm at about the 1 week mark, and the common side effects are beginning to wane.

i'd read that there were weight gain issues, but since I've begun taking it, I've lost nearly 10lbs. Partly due to the initial transition phase of constantly being light-headed, and maybe a bit due to not compensating for my anxiety by snacking more than I should.

Post-holiday time is the wrong time to determine if there is actual weight gain that comes from this stuff. But, all in all, I'm thankful for trying it again and feel much more balanced.

Ive been on it for over a year and have not had any side affects. Im on 20mg and no weight gain issues..good luck and God bless

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back