24 Texas Longhorns at Texas Tech Red Raiders

M

MikeUT00

TexasSports Preview

Statesman Preview: Lindsey is the biggest surprise for the Longhorns this season

Come on, Ladies! Grab another win! Beat the Raiders!
hookem.gif

Horns should come back with a W. Tech has a couple of good post players in Seals and Myrick. But Ashley is quicker and a better leaper than Myrick. She should make it difficult for Myrick to score. The battle to watch will be Seals and Earnie. Those two should be similarly matched physically. Seals is coming in scoring and rebounding more than Earnie but Earnie will make her work very hard for her shots and boards, enough so that Seals shouldn't take over the game.

Neither team is that great from BTA although Kat gives the Horns the edge there. The Horns backcourt has enough height, speed and quickness to make things tough for the Lady Raiders. With Carla healthy and able to run the fast break, the Lady Raiders don't have anyone that can stay with Brit on the break. Seals and Moore are prone to turn the ball over. The Horns will have to take advantage of that. They will have to cover the 3 as Tech's Moore and Murphree will put it up. Tech is giving up the 3 at a 44.8% rate in conference play. The Horns are putting up 15 3s a game in Big 12 play. They will have to make sure that they don't ignore the inside game for the tempting 3, especially if it's not going in. Tech is strong on the boards where the Horns are been rather weak in Big 12 play. The Horns will have to limit the Lady Raiders' second chance points by pounding the boards.

Should be an exciting game. Tech had 10,258 at their only Big 12 home game while Texas had 10,254 in two Big 12 home games. This could be the biggest crowd they play in front of in Big 12 play.

The key word, BAB, is "should"....

Yes, we "should" get a "W", but we need to play all 40 min.

We were kicking *** in Lubbock last year when we decided to stop playing.....they won by ONE point....

hookem.gif
Come on, Horns, Play all the WAY!!!!!!!!
hookem.gif

Bab is absolutely right about their post-up girls. Hopefully we will be fine, but I am a bit concerned with how we are going to matchup on the inside.

Ouch, we took a hit even before the game started. Looks like Earnie is out due to continuing knee problems. Aubrey will start in her place.
frown.gif
Get well soon,Earnie. And the Stars hockey team is still playing with 3:40 to go before the end of that game. We may miss the start of the Texas-Tech game.

Bab, I have the game on. It is on FSN, but it is also on Fox College Sports Pacific. If you have the sports package on Time Warner, it is on Channel 433.

so far Lindsey with two misses. Foul on Carla. One minute in ... 2-0 Tech

Tech 1/2 free throws, Tech inside bucket ... 7-3 Tech with 17:37 to go ...

OK, FSN finally now has the telecast. So I am going to end the play-by-play here. FYI, though, FCSP is about a second or two ahead of FSN. I am still watching that channel because it also has better picture.

Go 'Horns!
hookem.gif

How many sloppy plays are we going to have! We should be leading this!

Our team has some work to do. We drop out of the rankings after this ...

I don't think it is necessary to call our players losers. They are LONGHORNS and they deserve your respect, win or lose.
hookem.gif

That being said, they need to clean up mistakes if they want to win ballgames in the Big XII. Every game is going to be a fight this season.

Pretty harsh there, Tree. But I have to admit it's pretty scary that in the Big 12 we haven't even played any of the top half of the league and we are already 1-3. I think Coach G will need her recruits to compete in this league.

I'm quite disappointed and this does not look like the Longhorn team that played before the conference games started. WHAT HAPPENED?

Way too much drippling and settling for the three. They missed sooo many EASY buckets. They looked in disarray. But as someone else mentioned they did have heart and didn't give up and continued to play.

We need another shooter. A pure shooter. I know Erica is there but we need someone right now.

I had to keep reminding myself during the game that we're REBUILDING! Hang in there Horns and KEEP FIGHTING!!! These are growing pains but we have to go through them in order to grow and mature. But heck it hurts!

I know we will et better every year and I don't mind waiting, but please don't miss layups. Fre throws should b e made too, but there is no excuse for missing layups.
Torture to watch.

yep. i also think it's going to take our new staff getting a couple of recruiting classes of their own before we see any drastic improvement as a team. the staff coached their butts off tonight but, when all is said and done, it's up to the players to execute. i mean GOSH, look at all of the turnovers our defense forced only to turn it right back over in unforced fashion. and all the missed -- as coach jc used to say -- "bunnies."
wtf.gif
we just can't seem to capitalize lately. got to finish those lay-ups and hit free throws.

right now i look at the improvement of some of the individual players, and the mixing of different offensive and defensive sets called from the sidelines, and i like what i see in that aspect. overall execution is another story. i am very much looking forward to the future of this program. most teams have a stretch during any given season where they don't particularly play well, and these last four games have been ours. i'm still hoping that we will snap out of our slump and become a much better team by season's end.
hookem.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back